mail headers

hello, i wrote a very simple script to be used with a mailing-list
application that tacks on Bcc: information.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;

## declarations
my $message;

## read incoming stdin
while(<>) {

  ## get rid of trailing newlines
  chomp;

  ## when reading the To: field, append a Bcc: field
  if (/^To:/) {

    $message .= "$_\nBcc:  <my_bcc_address\@lunarmedia.net>\n";

  ## otherwise just put the info into $message
  } else {

    $message .= "$_\n";

  ## end if
  }

## end while
}

## print the message to stdout
print $message;

it looks like the script is printing the correct headers to include a
blind copy to the specified address, however the mailing application is
strictly sending it to the To: field. I'm not asking for anyone to
troubleshoot my mailing-list program, I was more concerned about my bcc:
syntax and if it appears correct.

thanks
-c