Re: up2date error message

On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 16:41, Tim Grossner wrote:
> Hmmm...did I post to the newbie list by accident?
>
> I maybe should have framed the question differently. Heres another try:
>
> What software could up2date be trying to install that depends on
> libpisock.so.4?

Well, doing a rpm --redhatprovides libpisock.so.4
should provide you with the answer from the db, but it gives me no
answer on my machine, meaning I do not have it installed.

This also can be used.

rpm -q -vv --redhatprovides libpisock.so.4  and

doing rpm -q -vv --whatprovides libpisock.so.4 (or)

rpm -q -vv --whatprovides /usr/lib/libpisock.so.4

gives me the following output.

D: opening  db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages rdonly mode=0x0
D: locked   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: opening  db index       /var/lib/rpm/Basenames rdonly mode=0x0
pilot-link-0.9.5-ximian.2
D: closed   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Basenames
D: closed   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages

--
Best regards,
Gary

Today's thought: Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?