From: luci-discuss-owner@luci.org [mailto:luci-discuss-owner@luci.org]
On Behalf Of Damacus
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 1:34 PM
To: luci-discuss@luci.org
Subject: Routing and setup questions for IPMasq and real IPs

Hey there,

It's been a long time since I've posted to this list.  The forward about
WOW
boxes and such made me remember a question I had.

I have a cable modem with 2 IPs.  I'd love to, instead of having the
cable
modem on the uplink port of my hub, have it connected to my 486 w/ 2
NICs.  If
I only needed IPMasq, I'd be fine, since I've been doing that for ages.

My twist is that I also want another machine on the network to have a
real IP
from Insight as well.

So, the network would be like:

INET <-eth1-> Linux Router <-eth0-> NAT <--- 192.168.1 ---> {assorted
comps}
                           <-eth0-> real IP comp

Am I overlooking an easy solution for getting the second machine with a
real
IP (the first machine with a real IP being the router itself) to route
thru
the other Linux box?

Also, there's no guarantee that the real IP of comp2 with be on the same
netblock as the real IP of the router.

Thanks,
Dam

--