Re: Mystery email message...

That message does not mean that you were compromised or that you're
an open relay, though I suppose that it's still possible.

To illustrate how this could happen, here's me telnetting to our mail
server on port 25:

---
bash-2.05$ telnet mail 25
Trying 10.1.1.5...
Connected to www.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.teleologic.net ESMTP Postfix
HELO spamhost
250 mail.teleologic.net
MAIL FROM:"big stupid spammer"<spam@spam.spam>
250 Ok
RCPT TO:Danny<danny@dannysauer.com>
250 Ok
DATA
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
Subject: Make Money Fast!
To: "Fake Reply Addr"<spammer@neverfindme.com>

Hey, this is spam!
.
250 Ok: queued as EDA6E4719F
QUIT
221 Bye
Connection closed by foreign host.
---

and here's the message that those commands would generate

---