Re: mkfs -t ext3

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 03:58:50PM -0600, Danny Sauer wrote:
> "mkfs -j /dev/devicePartition"
> will do what you want without the tune2fs step.

The tune2fs step still might be a good idea, since the default
interval between forced fscks is 180 days.  On a server, that can
easily mean a full fsck every reboot.  (Heck, it could mean that on a
desktop.)  Unfortunately, it doesn't look like mke2fs has the
equivalent of tune2fs -i.

> Maybe throw a "-t ext2" in there if you must, but mkfs should find
> that from the partition type as dispayed by "fdisk -l /dev/device"...

Actually...

       -t fstype
              Specifies  the type of file system to be built.  If
              not specified, the default file system  type  (cur-
              rently ext2) is used.

I always just run mke2fs explicitly though...