Re: forcing an rcs initial checkin

the systems group at my company explicitly uses rcs for revision control
with any files on our servers. a lowly network guy like me has no say
concerning cvs/rcs. but any script i write has to be able to check files
in through rcs.

i actually found that the -m flag only works when you are checking in a
file that has already been checked in at least once prior. i hadnt
searched for 'initial' in the man page. once i did, i found the
'-t-string' flag which allows you to specify the non-log entry message
that rcs prompts for when a file is first checked into rcs. so it looks
like i'll be using:

  ci -u -t-string"Brief overview of files usage on the server" foo.txt

-c