Re: (anything but) forcing an rcs initial checkin

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 02:50:35PM -0600, Erich Schroeder wrote:
> We have the ability to do H.323 (as well as over ISDN), and will be
> learning more about it in the next couple of months. As the meeting room
> is now, it would be mighty echo-y but this summer we have a project to
> improve the acoustic qualities of the room.

Make it look nicer than our new recording booth - a closet with that
egg-crate foam stuff for beds stapled to all the walls and ceiling.
It works OK in a small room, but a giant pink room would be a bit
disconcerting. :)

I think that webcasting the luci meetings would be darned neat, though.
I'd be able to make it to more of them, then!  Even a shoutcast stream
would be marginally handy, though the spectacular visual aids would be
lost then...  Maybe shoutcast with a view-only vnc session on a host
machine?

> I'd be glad to try Gnomemeeting sometime, although we should be ready for
> problems 'cause they always happen, even at NCSA.

I only mentioned that one because the web site was handy (and it uses
multicasting) - but then, I forgot to paste the URL in.  Doh...  Now
the site's not working for me, so I can't get the URL.  Oh well.

--Danny, always glad to waste some bandwidth