Re: smtp authentication

Aaron,
Have you had any luck getting it to authenticate off of /etc/shadow?
Although I am using "shadow" in my /usr/lib/sasl/Sendmail.conf file as the
auth method, it seems to continually want to use /etc/sasldb as the src
for username/password combinations. I've tried this with 8.12.3 and
8.11.6, but neither seem to make a difference. When I start sendmail, I
see that SASL support is present, however when telnetting to my local
tcp/25 port, 250 AUTH is not present in the ehlo list.

have any problems like this in your setup?

thanks -c