BusLogic SCSI problems with RH 7.2?

I wonder if anyone more tied in to hardware might know if there is a
problem with the BusLogic driver in RH 7.2 kernel 2.4.9-31smp? Since
upgrading a particular (and important) machine it has been locking up at
least each 40 days or so, and sometimes more often. In googleing around I
see references to buslogic problems a long time ago, and in 2.5
development, but have not found anything clearly in 2.4 so far.

Sometimes the machine shows a kernel panic on the screen with references
to I/O problems and SCSI, and sometimes the screen is just blank. The box
will not come back up with out powering it down. I'm hoping this is a
software problem, but the box is about 4 years old and has only been
turned off for about a total of 2 1/2 hours during that time so it's about
time for it to get tired.

eks
Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/