Re: snmpset password field?

Generally SNMP "passwords" are the public and private strings by default.  Usually when you are doing a snmpset you need the private string which defaults to private, but should be changed on the device.  The command would be:

snmpset <ip_of_device> <private string> ...

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 11:09:03PM -0500, Charles Menzes wrote:
> I've come across something recently that is very new to me. I found that
> some networking equipment I am using requires that a "password" be sent
> with any snmpset requests. I've read through 'man snmpset' and I'm just
> not seeing where a pw can be set. Reading through the network vendor's
> documents, the password they are referring to is NOT the SNMPv3 auth
> password. Is this something anyone else is familiar with?
>
> thanks -c

Benjamin Story

() Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML email and Microsoft-specific
/\ attachments. If I wanted to read HTML, I would have visited your website!
Support open standards.