Re: X Config Problems w/ RH 8.0 and GeForce4

Brandon wrote:
> DisplaySize 270.933333333 203.2

Or, in english units 10 2/3 inches by 8 inches, for a 13 1/3 inch diagonal.

I wouldn't run anything higher than 800x600 on any screen smaller than a 15".
The video dots are smaller than the dot size of the monitor. Yuk.

> The EDID support in XFree86 (EDID is "Plug-n-Play for monitors",
> basically) has been slightly controversial in the past.

My SuSE 8.1 incorrectly thinks my generic monitor (EMC Multisystems 765)
is a Proview 770 for some reason. The Proview does 1280x1024@70hz.
Mine does not. So unless I make SuSE use the generic monitor, I get a blank
screen. This probably explains it.

Mike808/