On Buying Debian CDs

I couldn't tell you a good place to buy Debian CDs.  Back in the day, I
used to get them from linuxcentral.com, but I don't even know if they
still exist.

You can also download Debian CD images off the Internet; see
cdimage.debian.org for details.

One thing to keep in mind: In nearly all cases, you probably won't use
any of the disks besides the first one or two.  Debian is pretty good at
putting the "most important" and "most popular" software on the CDs
first.  This is especially true if your box will have access to the
Internet.  So, if you want to save a little money, you can buy just the
first CD instead of all eight.

In fact, if you have a good broadband connection or a local mirror, you
don't need any of the CDs.  Just download the floppy images and install
the rest off the net.  I have a three-floppy set that I use to install
all my boxes these days.  If you prefer booting off of CD, you can
download a 6-10 MB CD image that does the same thing at
http://people.debian.org/~dwhedon/boot-floppies/.
--
Jeff Licquia <jeff@licquia.org>