Re: Springfield PC repair

> I'll vouch for the guys at the Computer Deli too.

Here's a 3rd vote for the Deli. I'd have your sister go there before
anywhere else. They're both cheap & knowledgeable.

Failing that, *I'll* come out for $25.  :-)

Other opinions:

MicroPower is competent, but a bit pricey, and they take their time. I'd
just use them for Apples, if you have that need. Action Audio Visual in
Chatham is competent, cheap, and fast, but they're kinda unprofessional --
they run it out of their house, the owner & his wife were such freaks that
we stopped buying stuff from them. I don't think they're *deliberately*
rude & weird, though, so please don't tell them I said that.  :-)

And Dauphin (who's evidently no longer even in the yellow pages) is/was
*terrible* -- I've never used them, but I've had the misfortune to be
associated with a number of businesses that did. The sad irony is that
they USED to be really good. But then John(?)  -- the founder & original
owner -- sold it to someone named Billy Corgan (yeah, like the musician)
who was a complete a**. He also did tech support for FamVid, which didn't
improve my opinion of him.

While we're on the subject, if anyone needs a place in Jacksonville, Rob
Thomas at DTE knows his stuff. Make sure he orders you the right part,
though.  :-)  He likes to give you what he has in stock, which may not be
exactly right.