Re: PXE, Etherboot, and Frustration

> I'm hoping that someone out here knows a bit more about PXE and
> Etherboot than I do.  I've got a group of Dell OptiPlex Gn+'s that
> have built in 3Com "Parallel Tasking" LAN ports that are supposedly
> some varient of the 3c90x series of cards.

I think I had a similar problem with a laptop docking station from Dell as well.
The 3c90x rang a bell. IIRC, we had to go find some beta drivers from
some guy working on that exact variant of the NIC chips and that the
differences were pretty well known (in that the main drivers didn't work
if you had certain flavors of this NIC chip). And it turns out, of course,
that we had one of the certain flavors that was a) broken more than others,
and b) not included in the standard drivers for any of the distros.

If you post the exact NIC and major chips on the card/mobo,
I might be able to track down (aka remember) where we found some drivers.

I believe we reported the issue to both RH and MDK.

Mike808/