Re: [DISCUSS] MDK9.1 CD1 - no good burn yet

When last I opined into the abyss of silence (i.e. 0 responses):

> I've burned it at several speeds with some "Precision" brand (BestBuy)
> CDRs that claim to be 40x speed and to hold 700MB.
>
> When I've burned it at 24x, 12x, 8x, and 4x, I get 333088 blocks written
> reported by KonCD (with Burn-Proof enabled).
>
> But, when I read back the CD and calculate the md5sum, I don't get back
> the md5sum of the ISO.
>
> Has anyone else been able to write a verified CD1 for the new MDK 9.1?

I have been getting good burns now. I tried some burns with xcdroast,
and every one of them turns up good, burning at 24x.

I was using xcdroast 0.98alpha10. So it appears that the problem is
with KonCD. (QT 3.0.5, KDE 3.0.5, and KonCD 1.0rc2, SuSE 8.1, 2.4.19).
The burner is a Lite-ON 48246S w/ firmware SS04.

Anyone know why KonCD doesn't write a good CD and xcdroast does?
Don't they both use cdrecord under the fancy GUI?

Anyone else have experience bad burns with KonCD and good ones with xcdroast?

BTW, "Precision" media from BestBuy is from CMC (a huge OEM CD media mfr).
Mine was rated "40x", but it burns fine at 24.

Any idea why my burner isn't recognized to burn CDR media at up to 48x?
Or does cdrecord treat all media as if it were cd-rw media (which the
Lite-ON 48246S is rated for - for cd-rw media)?

Mike808/