Re: LUCI Meeting Question

> I've learned that you either have to have a separate ip for each ssl host
> or you have to configure each ssl enabled vhost with it's own port number.

Yes.

> Then only the one which is assighned to port 443 will work by default
> with browsers.

Yes. 443 is the "well known port number" for HTTPS traffic.

> The other ssl virtual hosts would have to have the port number manually
> entered as part of the URL
> http://www.vost2.com:444
> http://www.vost3.com:445 etc.

The certificate used for your server *must* have one of two things embedded
into it for the client to allow an SSL connection to be established with
the server. They are: hostname or IP.

Thus, a certificate for www.vhost2.com will NOT work for www.vhost3.com.

What you do is to generate server certificates for each of your hosts.

In your httpd.conf, within each virtual host block, specify the specific
SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateKeyFile for that virtual host.

You may also want to specify separate SSLMutex and SSLLog files.

Mike808/