Re: RHAT files against SCOX (fwd)

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 14:45, Kara Pritchard wrote:
> A post from another LUG in Chicago..
> 1:31PM Red Hat launches complaint against SCO Group (RHAT) 6.79 -0.12:
> "Update -- RHAT announces that it filed a formal complaint against SCOX
> in order to demonstrate that RHAT's technologies do not infringe any
> intellectual property of SCOX and to hold SCOX accountable for its
> "unfair and deceptive" actions."

About damn time.  But I'm sure Red Hat waited until the right time.

As someone who has watched Project Monterey evolve over the past 5 years
through the SCO lawsuit filing and other, actual legal events, this
entire matter is one of 100% contract law -- even in SCO's filing.  The
fact of the matter is that we, as Linux professionals, need to educate
the masses on the fact that while SCO may have a case against IBM on
contract law, they have been shooting blanks with regard to IP.

I wish Red Hat the best in their endeavors against SCO.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.             b.j.smith@ieee.org
http://thebs.org/certs.pdf         http://thebs.org