Re: Regex to block Sobig

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 12:54:32PM -0500, Marcelo Medici wrote:
> Thank you for your reply, however I am using sendmail as my transport
> agent, so the postfix suggestion will have to be archived for a future
> date.

Yeah, me too, but I've started setting up new servers with postfix and
courier-imap and switching a few old clients for performance reasons...
Maildir is a wonderful thing for 1+GB mail spools.  :-)

One of these years I intend to write up something for Red Hat users
who want to switch...  It's not really painful after you figure out
how to do it.  Getting the configuration right the first time is a
bit of a PITA though.  The nice part is that the bits that you
probably care about with sendmail (aliases, virtusertable, stuff like
that) will most likely Just Work.

<plug>
Oh, and feel free to contact me if you do want to switch, build a new
server, whatever.  :-)
</plug>

> I like the idea of blocking the executables, it seems much more
> proactive.

Definitely.

The other thing I've been working on (off and on) is an easy-to-setup
virus scanner and spam filter.  I have the virus scanner part working
right for a client, but I need to fix my packages for the various
parts.