Summer Conference (fwd)

Anybody feel like helping out with this?

----- Forwarded message from Nicholas Reville <npr@downhillbattle.org> -----

From: "Nicholas Reville" <npr@downhillbattle.org>
Subject: Summer Conference
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 21:50:42 -0500

My name is Nicholas Reville, I run the site downhillbattle.org.  We're
working with the director of clickthevote.org to organize a national summer
conference for college students and student groups that are interested in
issues relating to open-source, linux, copyright, digital rights, creative
commons, etc.  We're hoping to bring together a lot of kids from around the
country along with noted intellectuals and programmers.  The goal is to try
to coalesce the incredible interest and passion in open-source software and
related issues into a political movement-- to spur more kids to make groups
like yours and to start campaigns to get colleges and universities to switch
to open-source software.  We'd also like to bring in some of the politics
around filesahring, copyright, and other issues-- the lawrence lessig side
of things.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone in your group would be interested in
working on the conference planning (we're just getting started) and also if
you knew of other linux/open-source groups at other schools (or any national
student organizations).

Take care,

nicholas