Re: pppoe & springnet

I've had pretty good experiences with the roaring penguin software. I've used it with lots of different NICs and different flavors of Linux.  I think there is a 'dslsetup' script. That should get you going . I've never had any problems with the command-line version.

-Mike

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Dan Fleischer [mailto:dan.fleischer@bank-and-trust.com]
	Sent: Thu 1/8/2004 4:16 PM
	To: luci-discuss@luci.org
	Subject: pppoe & springnet

	I need to set up a branch office in Rochester.  We'll be using Springnet
	as an ISP.  They require PPPoE authentication.  The rest of our company
	uses FreeS/WAN & iptables on RH7.3 boxes for firewall/router/VPN
	gateway.

	I found Roaring Penguin's rp-pppoe
	(http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/rp-pppoe/) package, and the
	instructions seem fairly straight forward.  Does anyone have any
	experience and comments with this package?
	--
	Dan Fleischer
	Bank & Trust Co.

	Ph. 217-854-3554