Re: Shutdown vs Sleep

I default to the same.  Heat cycling is a bad thing.  I'm sure you can
find general engineering research to back this up.  Also, as for power
concerns..  you should have several things set up.. the monitors should
be put to sleep (or turned off for old monitors that don't do APM) and
on some systems, letting the HDDs go to sleep is a decent thing.

FWIW, my primary linux box is on 24/7 minus those occasional CWLP
instabilities.  It has run without fail for over 6 years and is still
going.  I think that is sufficient life for an office system.

Mike

--
--Damacus Porteng: damacus@bastion.yi.org
--IRC: net=irc.nullirc.net nick=damacus chan=#null