Samba Question

Wonder is someone with some Samba experience can give me a little
guidance...

I have three computers here at home:

1. Red Hat 8
2. Win XP Pro
3. Win 98se

When I'm away from home I can use Linux, Win98, or WinXP machines to
ftp files to and from the Linux box and I can use Putty to SSH into
the box. When I do this I can see all the files in my Linux
directories using the ls command.

If I use the XP box at home I cannot see files on the Linux box that
were created and stored by a Windows machine but I can see the files
created on the Linux machine just fine. The Win98 machine sees all the
files just fine.

Is this some quirk of WinXP expecting NTFS or do I need a
configuration change to Samba on the Linux system. If I couldn't see
any files at all it would make more sense. The fact that I can only
see files created on the Linux machine but not elsewhere seems odd.
All files are in the same Linux directory by the way.

The XP machine is a fairly new addition. The Linux box has been
configured and running as is for 8-9 months as has the Win98 machine.

Thanks for any help or explanations.

Tim