Re: Getting rid of old hardware

On Sunday, May 2, 2004, at 10:10 US/Central, david wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knew of any local vendors or outlets that
> buy old pc's, monitors etc.  I have a number of old systems that I
> would like to get rid of.

If you are interesting in donating the machine or other electronics,
there's a group called WITS ( http://www.witsinc.org ) that takes older
equipment and donates it to people in the underserved community.
Whatever electronic equipment does not work, they make sure it gets
recycled and not into the land fills.  For larger amounts, they will
come out and pick it up.  You can contact them via phone ( 314-382-1650
) or e-mail ( witsinc@lycos.com ).

Regards,
- Robert