Re: upgrading to Fedora Core 1 with apt

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:02:28AM -0500, Erich Schroeder wrote:
> Now, I'd be just as happy to disable the onboard CSB-6 Ultra ATA-100
> IDE RAID controller, maybe install some commonly supported IDE RAID
> card and run FC1. Anyone know if that is possible?

It depends on whether you are actually using any of the RAID features.
If you aren't, then just any old IDE controller will work fine.  (And
I have some Promise ATA-100 cards that work quite nicely, if you need
one.)  If you are using their RAID, then you'll almost certainly have
to rebuild the system on new drives (or make a backup on an
intermediate drive or something).