Re: Regex Question

On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 15:16, Dean Henrichsmeyer wrote:
> You know, I typically don't get involved in things like this, I'm
> really a peace-loving guy. I get tired of reading email with attitudes
> like this. He didn't ask you to be an arrogant ass, he asked for help.
> You're not helping.
> Diego, I wanted you to know his attitude isn't reflective of the
> majority.
> Don't bother replying, I won't be following the thread.
> Dean Henrichsmeyer
> Site Director
> Open Source Technology Group
> (510) 687-7000

Well, I wasn't going to reply, but your title got me thinking.  I think
_everyone_ is reading _too_much_ into everyone else's posts in this
thread.  No one is "innocent" and I don't think your reaming of Mike was
unfair.

I also think you fail to realize that Mike _did_ offer at least some
help.  I don't think his attitude was "overbearing," he was just trying
to "draw out" the ultimate question, "WTF is this for?"  The original
poster did not clearly state specifics.

Again, I don't think anyone is "innocent" in this thread.  But I for one
would at least raise an eyebrow when someone starts asking about regex
strings for credit card numbers.  Mike did it in his own way, maybe not
perfect, but not so "overbearing" like you suggest.

Just $0.02 ...

-- Bryan J. Smith
   Someone who _never_ claims to be innocent or impartial

--
Bryan J. Smith                                  b.j.smith@ieee.org