Another Grub Question

Well I've been trying to set up my grub.conf file so
that I can dual boot between Linux and XP home
edition. It loads linux fine of course. But for some
reason it doeesn't want to load winblows drive. the
way I have it set up is, Linux is on its own drive
(hd0,0) where the drive is set to primary master. The
widows drive is primary slave (hd1,0). When I select
it to load windows, it displays the grub.conf file
entry and freezes.

my entry in the file looks like

title windows
    rootnoverify (hd1,0)
    chainloader +1

I've looked around on the net and tried several
different configs using hide and unhide commands and
makeactive commands but they didn't either.
If anyone has any ideas or thoughts, it would be much
appreciated.

Travis