LUCI Meeting Followup

At last week's LUCI Meeting I mentioned having some odd problems with
a WinXP computer not being able to see all the filenames in a
directory on my RH 8 server running Samba. Another WinXP machine as
well as Win98 and Win2000 computers worked fine.

I still don't know what the problem was but over the weekend I
finished restasking an older Pentium III computer. (The RH 8 machine
was an even older 200MHz P2.) The "new" server is running Debian
GNU/Linux 3.1 (a.k.a. sarge) and Samba 3.0.14a. None of the previous
problems occur now so my assumption is that somewhere in the old mix
of things there was an incompatibility where the server and WinXP just
didn't play nice together.

--
Tim