Re: Job searching?

Mike808 <mike808@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I wonder if the people with advanced degrees in management
> at State Farm hold consensus meetings trying to identify
> the root cause of this situation....

I won't go there other than to say, yes, State Farm is the
only company I've worked at that was "old management style."
I.e., non-technical management running technical departments.
 It was a very rude awakening for me.

> Maybe you could prostitute yourself upon them to help them
> find out why they are _always_ hiring... And you could
> pitch to them that you would base your fee as a percentage
of
> the savings from the reductions in the HR recruiting and
> retention budgets.

You know, that would be funny if it wasn't so feasible and
realistic of an idea.

> I see no reason not to lump the HR folks in with the
> lawyers these days.

My absolute best friend is a HR person, and I have to say, I
have to completely agree -- and even he does at times, like
the subset of self-aware lawyers that also exist.

--
Bryan J. Smith     Professional, Technical Annoyance                      b.j.smith@ieee.org      http://thebs413.blogspot.com