NFS Question

I have two Linux machines. One (machine B) has /home exported with NFS
and the other (machine A) mounts it on /mnt/home. No problems with
seeing files, reading/writing, etc.

When I'm logged into machine A and look at a directory...

ls -l /mnt/home

...the owner and group for files on machine B are displayed as being
owned by users and groups that do not exist on machine B. They show up
as being owned by users with accounts on machine A.

I imagine this is because of some internal table that has valid
numbers on both machines but which are associated with different
names. Is there any way to have the user and group appear correctly?

Thanks,

Tim