Need help getting a firewire HD to automount during boot in Suse 10

Hello, I have a HP NetServer LH3R running Suse 10 and I've put in a firewire PCI card and connected a firewire external HD to that card, linux sees and can interact with the HD fine but since I'm planning to install cPanel and would like to use the firewire drive as the clients home folder for added disk space I need the drive to be automounted during boot, so far I've tried adding "mount -rw /dev/hdb1 /websites"  (without the quotes of course) to /etc/rc.d/boot.local but that didn't work so I removed that and then tried adding "/dev/sdb1 /websites ext3 rw,auto,user,exec 0 0" (without the quotes of course) to /etc/fstab and now Suse sees the drive and knows the mountpoint should be /websites but despite auto being in the fstab file it's not auto mounting during the boot it's still not working :-(...can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I need to do to get this drive to auto mount during boot? I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this to work and would greatly appreciate any help you guys can provide me, thanks! :-)