Re: cc compiler questoin

I'm using Ubuntu. the ld.so.conf file didn't exist. so I created it and add the paths. when I ran ldconfig it created /etc/ld.so.cache~

On 11/23/06, David Desrosiers <daviddes@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> First off, the issue I am having is that gcc does not know where to
> find Xos.h, Xlib.h, xutil.h etc.... How can I tell it were they are?

Try installing the xlibs-devel package for your distribution. On
Ubuntu/Debian, you can find out which package owns these files by using:

        apt-file search Xlib.h

Then install the package(s) is references to satisfy those requirements.

Good luck!

David A. Desrosiers
Linux on Power Developer Program Manager
daviddes@us.ibm.com
Office: 860-271-1642