Simple way to save login/password info

What would be a simple way to save a bunch of username/password pairs from
an email server? In the case of a catastrophic problem on a stock fedora
server, it would be nice to be able to recreate the user accounts (mostly
without shell access) easily on a new machine. Backing up data associated
with the user accounts is easy, but I don't currently have the option of
full-system reduncancy.

I've looked through the "shadow-utils" stuff, and the pwconv/pwunconv
commands almost look what what I want, but unless I'm missing something
they really make changes on the actual, live, files. I'm more interested
in a complete copy that I can keep securely someplace remote from the
server.

eks