Postfix MTA + MSA

Hey everybody - I work at a call center in Taylorville.  At the last meeting Steve talked about a Postfix setup for one of his clients.  That got me thinking, and right now I am doing research on implementing Postfix in my environment.  Here's my current setup:

We have two MX records:

1) POP3 NT box (yeah, I know...) for application-generated auto-emails and warehouse staff accounts - on mail1.mydomain1.com

2) MS Exchange server that sits on mail2.mydomain1.com for corporate and supervisory staff.

Here are my plans:

I need to get rid of that POP3 server, at the very least because it runs #*!%&$ Windows NT, but also since it has ZERO filtering and runs a legacy SMTP application, and the hardware is old.  I would be using a slightly better box, and I'll probably run Fedora.

One big question: would you (a) just yank & replace the old POP3 server with the Postfix box, or would you (b) put the Postfix box in front of everything and have it be a mixed MTA / MSA, relaying mail for the Exchange system and letting the users access it maybe via IMAP/SSL?

Also, can you recommend any really good books or websites?  This would be my FIRST production Linux setup, and I want to make it have a lasting impression, in a good way :)

--
Matt Kotys