Re: Keyboard Timelogger

So, whole looking through the packages in Ubuntu, I stumbled across
Workrave - http://www.workrave.org/welcome/. And then I installed it.
The primary purpose is to be a timer to remind you to take breaks 'n
stuff, but it also has a statistics tracker that reports on a per-day
basis. I attached a screenshot.

The neat thing - I thought - is that it'll work across multiple machines
on a network (including Windows). I don't know yet if the stats are
aggregated across the networked machines, or if they're per-machine -
but the timer and such is aggregated. Perhaps this will work, or at
least get you a code base from which you could extract the functionality
you want? I'm certainly gonna try to see how long it takes to drive my
completely bonkers...

--Danny

Herbie wrote:
> No, I keep my xsession up and running, I think maybe hooking the chess
> timer up to my seat, so that my ass starts it running would be the
> safest bet.

PNG image