[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Internal Antennas
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Internal Antennas
- From: Charlie Bruce <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:06:28 -0600
- DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=C7iFrlH8LRSZDLvNXZJ+ZXBo4LDakQA00cCrlfxS3mo=; b=da3kgHxYgkXOeY1K41ZJHey5Ly/QodMDynFMQCUPNb3FAkZvdJJGHUIxxqM2h+aEIi wu+sdCAlPVQC3Sl4/MnSPUeZXMFODDnl9QMl87MGMsTgDq1QxwtDCAQm77WWWlzOmusV b473k2ogbf1IqyZLGwfbFenNw5h5ROH+M8sDU=
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=SCaFQS6JP/WztPV+SjprSL0JeiCik51R+SGupvySPz88SMPaHu/wloMOIEZEO/9bhz iYdCQIjYYy05eytmu7xVyrXBD1afHkygStFdrw8XG09tMw79tYw2ne2tdJ8PwCPtbJ1m 2p1Pv5FiubEIQO4wn4V3Upbx8SREetUkuL0uU=
- In-Reply-To: <alpine.DEB.1.10.1002031802400.18295@trout>
- Organization: Linux Users of Central Illinois
- References: <alpine.DEB.1.10.1002031802400.18295@trout>
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
The old pcbus and pcmcia cards were often extended with a soldering gun and a pringles can. I would hesitate to do this with
an internal however. I have had good luck with better coverage on a cheap usb ( external) wireless card however.
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Herbie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Not so much linux as linux related. Does anyone know of a clever way to extend the antenna of a wireless card, or in this case an internal wireless device in my laptop?
I've been working in the car a bit, and it only seems to get signal above the level of the windows, can I do the old 'solder a length of wire' to it trick to get better reception?
To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com with
"unsubscribe luci-discuss" in the body.