[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fwd: [LUNI] Registration Open at Flourish Conference 2011, Apr 1st - 3rd
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Fwd: [LUNI] Registration Open at Flourish Conference 2011, Apr 1st - 3rd
- From: Samir Faci <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:46:22 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <AANLkTimjn3P3gEq=Vd=_HGeq63dFvsL21eb1ZLqywUni@mail.gmail.com>
- Organization: Linux Users of Central Illinois
- References: <AANLkTimjn3P3gEq=Vd=_HGeq63dFvsL21eb1ZLqywUni@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Just an FYI in case anyone might have an interest in taking a drive up
north. Based on past
precedence, the cost is usually free if you can make it up to Chicago.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aisha Halim <email@example.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 3:47 PM
Subject: [LUNI] Registration Open at Flourish Conference 2011, Apr 1st - 3rd
Flourish is continuing its fifth year with I guess, a lot more
speakers. The schedule is pretty much finalized (a little more
information is coming in), and there's a hackathon in the works. We'd
love more organizations to get involved in the mini-expo, and sponsors
are always a plus :)
See information about the conference below.
We can't wait to see some (or all >:-) ) there.
CELEBRATE INNOVATION WITH CHICAGO’S LINUX & OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE ENTHUSIASTS
AT FLOURISH! 2011
*From April 1 - 3, Free Technology Conference Brings Fifth Year of
Insightful Talks and Hands-on Workshops about Open-source Software,
Technology, and Culture*
An annual gathering of, for, and by enthusiasts of open-source software,
technology, and culture, taking place at the University of Illinois at
This year, you can also take your exams for certification by the Linux
Professional Institute (LPI) and BSD Certification Group (BSDCG).
FEATURED SPEAKERS and TOPICS
Flourish! 2011's list of speakers include:
- Chris Palmer, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Chris McAvoy, VP of Technology, Threadless
- Ryan "Icculus" Gordon, professional Linux 3D game developer
- Italo Vignoli, The Document Foundation, LibreOffice
- Mitch Altman, CEO of Cornfield Electronics, on forming communities
- Dru Lavigne, Community Manager of PC-BSD, on the PC-BSD desktop
- Vinod Kutty, CME Group, on migrating to Linux on x86
- Cathy Malmrose, CEO of ZaReason, on stress-testing Linux hardware
- Daliah Saper, Principal of SaperLaw, on the legal aspects of open
- Dean Wampler, principal of Aspect Research Associates, on Scala
Complete list of speakers at http://www.flourishconf.com/2011/speakers
April 1 - 3, 2011
April 1, Evening Program
Reception 4:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Keynotes start at 4:30 p.m.
April 2, Day-Long Program
Morning Reception 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Main conference starts at 10:00 a.m.
April 3, Mid-Day Program
Morning Reception 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Day starts at 11:00 a.m
Certification exams take place from 11am - 3pm. Go to the Flourish! website
for more details: http://www.flourishconf.com/2011/exams
Complete schedule will be available at
UIC Student Center East
750 South Halsted Street
Flourish! is organized by the Computer Science department of the University
of Illinois at Chicago’s (UIC’s) School of Engineering, as well as the
University's Linux user group and chapter of the Association of Computing
Machinery (ACM). The conference is sponsored in part by GreenCanyon, Linux
Journal, the Linux Professional Institute, Orbitz, O'Reilly, SourceForge,
Times Two Technology, Threadless and Ubuntu.
Registration is free at http://www.flourishconf.com/2011/registration
Join us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/flourishconf/
Conference updates and conversation-starters on Twitter at
Linux Users Of Northern Illinois (Chicago) - Technical Discussion
fortune | cowsay -f /usr/share/cows/tux.cow
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
"unsubscribe luci-discuss" in the body.