Sr. Linux Admin needed in Nashville (not a 3rd party recruiter)

Steven Pritchard advised me yo put this job opening on your board. If you are interested, please contact me and send me your resume.
615-829-0379 (cell) or 615-983-6175 (office phone); email joboone@L1id.com

I an not a recruiter. I am with L-1 Enrollments Services Dvision and am just trying to help my company. We handle the collection of biometric identification for the federal and state governments. We also develop technology and support infastructure used by the government. Linux administrators are in high demand these days, and the pay is very competitive. One note, to apply you MUST be a U.S. citizen and CANNOT be a resident alien or dual citizen due to federal regulations.

Linux Systems Administrator

Division:                   L-1 Enrollment Services Division

Functional Area:     Engineering

FLSA:                                    Exempt

Reports To:             IT Infrastructure Manager

Location:                  Nashville, TN

Revision Date:        8/22/2011

Job Description:

Linux Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of Linux systems within L-1 Enrollment Services Division.  The selected candidate will support multiple systems, data centers, and field operations.  He/she will participate in and direct the work of both in-sourced and out-sourced IT personnel.  He/she will ensure the operation of critical systems within contract SLAs.  The selected candidate will use his/her expertise in the area of systems and infrastructure to guide organizational decision-making.  The selected candidate is an excellent technical resource with significant hands-on experience in critical areas of infrastructure operations and support.

Responsibilities:

The Linux Systems Administrator will be responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring and maintaining a cluster of virtualized Linux servers.  He/she will perform backup, file replications and script management for servers.  The Sr. Linux Systems Administrator will test and apply new software and maintenance patches, including patch management services.  He/She will complete security audits on a routine basis.

Qualifications:

  • 4+ years of experience in Linux/Unix server administration, Ubuntu/Debian, CentOS, and RedHat preferred
  • 2+ years of experience with logical volume management
  • 1+ years of experience operating in a VMware vSphere environment or other virtual environment
  • Strong shell programming skills in sh and bash
  • Strong PERL programming skills
  • Experience with multi-server environments
  • Experience with Pluggable Authentication Modules
  • Software management and support experience with ActiveMQ, Apache, PHP, MySQL, and Tomcat
  • Experience with High Availability and failover scenarios, load balanced environments, including drbd, heartbeat, pacemaker, and cluster glue
  • Ability to compile and maintain the Linux kernel and ancillary software
  • Strong process oriented experience in terms of implementation and completion
  • Strong working knowledge of storage environments (NFS, ISCSI, DAS)
  • Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Perl, etc.)

·         Superior organizational and time management skills

·         Excellent written and verbal communication skills

·         Working Conditions/Physical Demands

·         Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work.  Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc.  Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.  Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally.

Miscellaneous:

L-1 Identity Solutions, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer and adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity and Drug Free Workplace guidelines. M/F/D/V