Lightweight Network Syslogger?

One of my colleagues realized we were not getting all the connections logged on our RHEL6 LDAP boxes using rsyslog and disabled the burst rate and threshold limits, which sent the rsyslog CPU and mem consumption thru the roof, even after we disabled local logging and just sent them via TCP to our syslog machine. Had to turn it back off to the default.

Does anyone know off a lightweight syslog substitute, thats good for dumping to a centralized syslogger (we run syslog-ng on it)?

H.