Re: Need some Help (fwd)

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Jeff Licquia wrote:

> - get a commercial X server for Linux.  XiG (www.xig.com) and MetroLink
> (www.metrolink.com) sell these.  See if your card is listed on their
> support page.

As a side note, I actually got around to installing AcceleratedX (the one
from XiG) last week.  It kicks ass.  It's faster, and it's a _LOT_ easier to
install/configure than XFree.  Now granted, I'm not a dummy - but I got it
set up and working in about 15 minutes (would've been faster, but I was
trying to use the CD over SMB in my windows machine first, ahd to break down
and move the CD to my linux box before it'd work right).  It was exceedingly
easy, and now I have fast X stuff.  I simply can't express the coolness of
this.