Re: Jeff is famous!

> >From reading the article, not all of the clues appear to have taken.
> (Did I say that Coda would be ready next year?  I think I did say
> "possibly next year, but OSS releases when it's ready, and not before".
> And what's this about "on par with NetWare and NT"?  How many times did
> I mention NetWare for Linux and Samba?)  But enough did to make me
> reasonably happy.  With some of the articles I've seen out of ZD, any
> kind of clue saturation is better than none. :-)

One thing I always find fascinating in articles about Linux, OSS, and
non-"professional" software is that there's usually some kind of mention
about the software being eternally beta or not ready for public release.
However, I find most of it to be orders of magnitude more stable,
efficient, and fast than [pick a corporate software giant's product].

On a somewhat related note, does anyone else have problems with Linux
Netscape crashing all the time and in general being a bitch to use?  It's
been that way for several versions.  It's actually brought down my whole
system several times now.  Ick.