Re: Max Drive size?

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, John Corey wrote:
> "Burke, Jason" wrote:
> > Doh!..I stand corrected =).

> Yes, that is correct.

darn - beat me to it. :)

> One question I had once, how many partitions can a drive (IDE or SCSI)
> have?  I know IDE hds can only have 4 primary partitions, but are the
> logical partitions in an extended limited?  SCSI I think I read
> somewhere can have more primaries, but anyone know how many?

You can only put 4 primary partitions on either a SCSI or an IDE drive,
AFAIK.  SCSI drives can have more extended partitions though, although I
can't remember offhand how many either can have.  It mentions in one of the
how-to's, but since I'm supposedly at "work" now - I don't have time to look
it up. :)

--Danny, "email is work, isn't it?"