pppd message

Hi all,

I've been having problems connecting with my Internet provider this week
(they lost a hard drive monday), and though they have restored service I
am still having connection problems. I checked my /var/log/messages
and I found the error:

 LPC: Timout Sending Config-Requests

from pppd. Does anyone know if this is on my end, or the providers.
According to the provider they switched the authenticating server from
RedHat to Slackware, but im not sure why, if at all, that would cause
any problems. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerly,

Jason