Re: email forwarding

mike packard wrote:

> I want one of my systems to act as a backup mail server for my main one.
> The MX records are set correctly but I don't know how to make the backup
> server just hold onto the messages until the main server is back up, then
> forward them on to it.  The backup server doesn't have all the user
> accounts on it.  Is there a way to just make it take any and all mail,
> glop it into a big queue, and send it over to the main server when it
> comes back up?

	Just set the MX record for the secondary queue, sounds like you already
have.  It will then queue mail for the primary and keep checking for it
to come back online.  Then it will forward all mail to it.

	You don't need to have any accounts at all on the queue machine.

Pete

--
Peter Kulupka                                   pckulup@ilstu.edu
Systems Administration