Kernel compilation

OK, Im running RH Linux 5.2. im trying to upgrade to Kernel 2.2.10. I
have rename the /usr/src/linux file with mv to another name. I unpacked
the new source code
and then went through make config. Then, make dep | make clean | and
then compiled it with make zImage.
It then put the new compressed kernel in arch/I386/boot directory.

now heres the question. In order to boot the new kernel I need to boot
it with lilo. How exactly is this done? last time, I rebooted my system
and it wouldn't boot. What did I not do?

Travis Davies