GRASS setup question

Hello.  I downloaded GRASS4.2 and followed the installation instructions

on the GRASS website.  I'm having a bit of a problem getting the GUI
part of GRASS to run.

I installed GRASS to /usr/local/grass42 and downloaded and installed the

tcltkgrass files they have.  I'm trying to follow the tcltkgrass
installation instructions from the GRASS website about compiling the
tcltk part from the GRASS shell.  But, the problem I'm having is when I
start GRASS from the command line, I'm at some menu asking me for a
location, mapset and database.

How do I get to a regular command shell so I can compile the tcltkgrass
part?  Also, in the screen where it asks for the location of the
database files, where did these get installed to?

--
Sean Chisek
riviera@famvid.com