Installing Red Hat 6.1

 I am having some problems installing Red Hat 6.1. Here's the info on the
box I am trying to install to:

 - Dual procs., dual hard drives, CD-ROM, tape drive, three network cards
(one on the motherboard, and two additional PCI cards).

 Here's what's happening --

 I get through the installation of packages to the point where I need to
remove all bootable media and click Exit. I do that, and when the system
reboots, I receive the dreaded "Missing Operating System" error.

 I have done both the Server install, and the Custom install. The three or
four times I have done the custom install, I have chosen to write Lilo to
both the master boot record and to the first sector on the first hard
drive (those are the only two options I have). Either way, I get the same
results -- missing OS.

 Now, when I create a boot disk and insert that for the machine to boot
off of, the machine boots and goes through all of the diagnostics just
fine. That is, until it gets to the point where it starts wanting to
detect the network cards. It brings up "lo" fine (which is loopback,
correct?) But then when it tries to bring up eth0, it stops dead in its
tracks, and does not go any further in the boot-up process.

 I've taken the two PCI ethernet cards out to see if that might have been
the reason that eth0 was not coming up, but that did not remedy the
problem.

 Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should go from here? What
am I not doing correctly here?

Adam Van Pelt

Motion Internet                                 Adam Van Pelt
A Division of CyberCity Communications, Inc.    Technical Support
219 N. Main St.                                 Phone: (217) 483-7900
Chatham, IL 62629                               http://www.motion.net