development software

Does anyone have a favorite IDE that works with C/C++ and provides some
simlple little features like a function browser (or something like that)
and maybe works with CVS nicely?  I'd prefer to not use something that
always assumes I'm developing graphical applications, if I can avoid it...
:)  I'd be happy to find a pretty debugger, though.

On a related note, any suggestions as to how I'd put a CVS server behind a
linux firewall using port forwarding or something akin to that?

Thanks,
Danny