Re: Backup Solutions

It depends on what kind of backup you are looking for.
The one I wrote tgz's up directories with permissions, and scp's them to
another server. I append each day's backup with .1, .2, etc... up to 5,
and each day 5 is dropped off each prior is incremented in naming by one.
So, you get 5 days worth of seperate backups securely copied to another
server(s), that can be restored with the original permissions.
I am sure that it can be written in perl or some other more complex
scripting language, but I just wrote it in #!/bin/csh

Let me know and I can send a copy to you or post it to the list.

cjm