Re: crontab syntax

Charles Menzes said:
> correct me if i am wrong, however, i believe that this would execute at
> 2am every tuesday and friday morning.
>
> 00 02 * * 2,5
>

> i look in the logs however, and the command scheduled didnt seem to go.
> is this incorrect syntax?

Again, assuming you added the command to that line, it *should* work,
but I would leave out the extra 0 in the hour and minute fields.  Try
something like this:

    # Run foo at 2 am on Tuesday and Friday.
    0 2 * * 2,5 foo

I suppose you should also verify that crond is indeed running...  :-)

(Oh, and see crontab(5) and crontab(1) for reference.)

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month