Re: mod_auth_mysql

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 04:37:59PM -0500, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Danny Sauer said:
> > Has anyone gotten mod_auth_mysql to actually work?
>
> Last I knew, mod_auth_mysql had been superceded by Apache::AuthDBI or
> something.  (There used to be a note about it on the mod_perl site,
> but they seem to have finally removed it.)

As usual, Perl is the answer to everything.  I don't know why I bother
trying to use anything else. :)

> > Does mod_perl work with PHP
> > and MySQL yet so I can write my own friggin' auth handler?
>
> I don't know why mod_perl and mod_php wouldn't work at the same time,

There was something about php with MySQL support not jiving with perl
without -lmysqlclient or something like that.  I ran into it a few months
ago and then just gave up on it, peraps I should try again, eh? :)

> but why would you want to write your own?  Surely something in this
> mess would do what you want...
[.snip.]

Good heavens.  Yeah...

--Danny